EXTENDED SHUTDOWN & RESTART OF YOUR VULCAN COOKING EQUIPMENT
Following you will find instructions on how to shut down your Vulcan cooking equipment for an extended period, and how to safely restart equipment after idle.
Always refer to the procedures as instructed in the Installation & Operation manual for your specific model. Manuals may be found by visiting the Vulcan website and clicking on RESOURCES at the top right of the home page.
Always remember that cooking equipment and its parts are hot. Use care when operating, cleaning or performing maintenance.
For additional product resources, please visit https://www.vulcanequipment.com/.
EXTENDED SHUTDOWN – ALL MODELS
- Follow the cleaning procedure in the Installation & Operation manual.
- Re-season the grates
- Turn the main gas supply valve off.
- Make sure all individual burner valves are off.
- Cover the entire surface with a sheet pan to keep clean during shutdown period.
RESTART FROM EXTENDED SHUTDOWN – ALL MODELS
- Schedule a qualified gas service technician to be onsite upon restart if kitchen has been down for more than 30 days.
- Check all gas equipment in kitchen for gas leaks.
- Perform the BEFORE FIRST USE cleaning instructions as instructed in the Installation & Operation manual for your specific model.