HEAVY DUTY RANGES
VERSATILE CHEF STATION – MULTIFUNCTION COOKER
Model VCS36D Shown
VCS18 18″ Wide / Single Tank (front-to-back)
VCS36 36″ Wide / Single Tank (left-to-right)
VCS36D 36″ Wide / Double Tank (front-to-back)
- Stainless steel front, front top ledge, tank, top surface, sides, and stub back
- 4″ stainless steel stub riser
- Stainless steel tank covers (two per tank) and service handle
- Stainless steel cabinet door
- Stainless steel drain plug
- 5 gallon tank capacity
- 2.5″ diameter tank drain opening
- 3″ x 17″ stainless steel detachable drain pipe
- 6 reactive heating elements (1500W-ea / 9000W-total)
- Tank temperature ranges from room temperature to 450°
- Temperature accuracy (+/- 2°) up to 250°, (+/- 5°) above 250°
- Water dispenser with integrated safety valve
- 6″ adjustable stainless steel legs
- One year limited parts and labor warranty
OPTIONAL FEATURES (Factory Installed)
V-Series Heavy Duty Range Match Versatile Chef Station. 18″ wide Vulcan Model No. VCS18 (single tank), 36″ wide VCS36 (single tank), or 36″ wide VCS36D (double tank). Stainless steel front, plate ledge, front top ledge with pull-out condiment rail, sides, tank surface, stub back, and 6″ adjustable legs on all models. The VCS incorporates 10 different cooking methods into one space saving station: Braise, Sear, Boil, Shallow Fry, Sauté, Steam, Reheat, Simmer, Poach, and Melt. The VCS utilizes Intelligent Heating Technology (IHT) with 6 ultra-thin printed heating elements (1500W ea / 9000W total) to rapidly (2.7° per sec.) and accurately (+/- 2° up to 250°, +/-5° above 250°) heat the 8mm Stratinox tri-metallic tank surface for precise and immediate cooking. The printed heating elements are each monitored by individual temperature probes that actively monitor and manage the tank surface to ensure accuracy and optimize energy use with minimal overshoot. An additional in-tank probe directly senses cooking liquid temperature in Boil and Fry modes for further accuracy. Integral 2.5″ in-tank drain allows three collection options: interior 1⁄2 or 1⁄3 hotel pans (up to 8″ deep) for reserving cooking fluids, direct drain to a floor drain for disposal, or drain to optional drain caddy accessory for remote disposal.
Requires 208 or 240 volt. 3 phase only. Requires 3⁄4″ GHT cold water hookup.
VCS18: 363⁄4″d x 18″w x 36″h on 6″ adjustable legs VCS36: 363⁄4″d x 36″w x 36″h on 6″ adjustable legs VCS36D: 363⁄4″d x 36″w x 36″h on 6″ adjustable legs
Cap and cover front manifold Less legs for dolly mounting
3″ high toe base for curb mounting 11⁄4″ diameter front gas manifold
ACCESSORIES (Packaged & Sold Separately)
Set of 4 adjustable casters, 6″ high (two locking) Banking strip
Manifold joint strip
Common condiment type, telescoping plate rail overlapping (starting at 24″ length)
10″, 22″, or 34″ high back risers (no shelf)
22″ single deck solid or flo-thru high shelf risers 34″ double deck solid or flo-thru high shelf risers Dolly frames
Starch skimmer drain plug, for use as a pasta cooker
- An adequate ventilation system is required for commercial cooking equipment. Information may be obtained by writing to the National Fire Protection Association, 1 Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02269, www.NFPA.org. When writing, refer to NFPA No. 96.
- These units are manufactured for installation in accordance with ANSZ223.1A (latest edition), National Fuel Gas Code. Copies may be obtained from The American Gas Association, 400 N Capitol St. NW, Washington, DC 20001, www.AGA.org.
- Cannot be batteried with GH series equipment.
- This appliance is manufactured for commercial installation only and is not intended for home use.
- 3⁄4″ GHT water connection is required. Damage as a result of poor water quality or lack of maintenance is the responsibility of the owner/ operator.
Clearances Rear Sides
Combustible 1″ 1″
Non-combustible 0″ 0″
NOTE: VCS36D will require 2 electrical hookups and 2 water connection hookups.
NOTE: In line with its policy to continually improve its product, Vulcan reserves the right to change materials and specifications without notice.
|MODEL NUMBER||DESCRIPTION||VOLTAGE||TOTAL KW||KW PER PHASE||AMPS PER LINE WIRE|
Single Tank (front-to-back)
Single Tank (left-to-right)
Double Tank (front-to-back)
|208/240||LH Tank – 9.0||3000||3000||3000||25||25||25|
|RH Tank – 9.0||3000||3000||3000||25||25||25|
This appliance is manufactured for commercial use only and is not intended for home use.
ADDITIONAL DIMENSION INFORMATION
Includes one tank that is oriented left to right.
This unit requires one electrical connection and one water connection.
Includes two tanks that are oriented front to back.
This unit requires two electrical connections and two water connections.